Yoga in Bowness is hiring for the position of Studio Manager.
We boast a comfortable, relaxed, and welcoming atmosphere for people of all ages, background, and experience to explore and practice yoga, and bring a holistic approach to wellness into their lives.
We’re focused on offering affordable, approachable, and accessible yoga for everyone. Our values are around community, inclusivity, and an uplifting positive energy.
For our team members and students, Yoga in Bowness is a space to feel supported in being themselves, where their uniqueness is celebrated, and everyone is an equal and valued part of the community. Our team approach means that everyone’s input matters, and we all take care and pride in the space, and our work here. We are looking for someone to join our team who embodies these qualities, and has the skills and passion to take a leadership role within our community.
· Go above and beyond to make each student feel welcome, comfortable and oriented to our space and offerings
· Maintain the distinct YiB atmosphere and culture
· Answer any and all questions students may have about YiB and know how to overcome obstacles when dealing with unique or challenging situations
· Promptly respond to member needs, paying close attention to member concerns and building a strong community engagement through interaction in conversation when present at the studio.
· Understand and efficiently navigate MBO to sign students in, enter sales and memberships, and explore and correct problems with student accounts
· Update MBO with class time/instructor changes when they occur
· Add new Series classes, and Workshop offerings into MBO with open registration in a timely manner
· Send out regular emails to students regarding upcoming workshops or series similar to ones they’ve previously participated in, and follow-up emails to events they’ve just participated in
· Monitor and replies to our “info@” email address.
· Stay on-top of retail inventory needs, working with owner to place new orders as needed, and communicating with local makers to manage our consignment products.
· Assists with various marketing tasks such as updating promotional materials, website, and social media accounts on a regular basis
· Maintenance and upkeep of studio space, including purchase & restocking of supplies,
· Inform students, and YiB team members about our programs, classes and upcoming workshops
· Work closely with studio owner in a collaborative environment to develop new programs, classes, and marketing opportunities
· Manage karma team members by overseeing that tasks are being completed up to expectation, following up with additional training as needed, and interviewing, hiring and training new team members as needed.
· Manage karma team schedule, and filling in for shifts as needed, to ensure there is someone on desk at all times when classes are on.
· Stay on top of Teacher Subs and Time-off Requests to ensure smooth operations of class schedules
· Qualified candidates must have proven leadership ability in an educational, fitness or professional settings with 2-5 years of management experience in a customer service business
· Strong work ethic - ability to work both independently and as a part of a team, with ability to delegate tasks, and manage multiple tasks through to completion in a timely manner
· Exceptional organization and computer skills are mandatory: highly computer literate, attention to detail, excellent time management and self-motivated
· Adaptable and quick learner with a desire to develop new skills, and ability to retain new information about systems, processes, and more
· Creative, Entrepreneurial, and Business-minded
· Enthusiastic, personable and professional disposition
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an approach of compassion
· Excellent problem solving skills, calm, thoughtful and solution oriented under pressure
· Experience in hiring and training team members, with good record of team management
· Passionate about promoting wellness and yoga with a desire and ability to advocate for the YiB brand and help us expand our community
· Ability to be present at studio during key operating hours is mandatory (including early mornings, weekdays, evenings, and weekends)
· Experience working with Mindbody Online software is preferred
· A College diploma or University degree is preferred
· 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is preferred
· Part-time Hours for first 3 months: 15-20 hours / week, with potential to move to 20-40 hrs / week after first 3 months (with potential for Salary)
· Some hours at the studio, and some hours are flexible and can be performed in your chosen work environment
· Hourly wage paid for part-time hours, with potential to move to salary for full-time hours
· Additional benefits include: unlimited yoga pass, staff discounts on retail, workshops, and more.
Send your application including resume, cover letter, references, and wage expectation to email@example.com, with Subject Line: Studio Team Lead application
Apply on or before January 27, 2019